Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Mexican Macaroni :: This simple to follow recipe is great for when you have a mate over for a bite to eat after a day-time drinking session. Let’s hope he likes heat!
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 x Chicken Breast
- 200g Macaroni (other pasta can be substituted)
- 1 Red Onion – Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper – De-seeded & Sliced
- 300g Jar ASDA Spicy Salsa
- 300g Jar ASDA Sour Cream & Chive Dip
- Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Pack
- A Lump Of Cheddar The Size Of A Chubby Infant
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large deep frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes until golden all over and almost cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Pop the onion (chopped) in with the chicken and add the spice mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Season, then add the peppers and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers are just soft. Start heating the grill.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta, salsa and sour cream. Heat through, and if the sauce needs loosening, add a little of the reserved pasta water until you reach a desired consistency.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese to and bung under the grill.
Mexican Macaroni :: The meeting of two great culinary traditions whipped up after the pub.
A Harrogate Blog – Written By A Harrogate Blogger. Andy Is Harrogate’s Chief Procrastinator. A ‘Funny Little Man.’ By day a web designer, Andy has a hand in several music projects – including being in a chart-topping producer duo and he runs his own record label.